How does Generative AI in Search Work and What is Coming in 2024
Fabrice Canel talks with Jason Barnard about how does generative AI in search work and what is coming in 2024.
What you’ll learn
- 00:00 Fabrice Canel and Jason Barnard
- 01:22 Bing Result for Friday the 13th
- 01:54 Google Result for Friday the 13th
- 02:28 Google Result for Fabrice Canel
- 02:44 Bing Result for Jason Barnard in French
- 03:32 What is Bing Chat?
- 04:57 What are the Different Types of User Search Behavior?
- 05:46 How can Search Engines Improve User Satisfaction with Contextual Results?
- 06:37 Google’s Fresh Prompt and Bing Chat’s Aim to Enhance the User Search Experience
- 08:27 What Fabrice Canel Learned from User Interaction with Bing Chat
- 10:24 How Search Engines Prompt Users to Improve Their Queries
- 11:38 Improved User Satisfaction and Continuous Development of Bing Chat
- 13:34 How Do Cascades of Queries Work in Bing Chat?
- 15:18 How Advanced Technology is Transforming User Queries and Search Results
- 16:34 How Does User Intent Influence Search Technology?
- 17:08 How User Intent and Action Words Change Search and Satisfaction
- 19:27 What are the Differences Between Bing Chat’s Algorithm and Search Algorithm?
- 21:18 How Will Future Large Language Model Updates Impact Search Results?
- 23:25 Is Bing Chat a Fusion of Mini Featured Snippets and Dynamic Knowledge Panels?
- 25:22 The Influence of Bing Chat on Static Pages
- 26:45 What is Perfect Content in Search?
- 28:02 Are There Plans to Separate Data from Search and Chat in the Near Future?
- 29:00 Bing Webmaster Tool: Empowering Webmasters with Data for SEO Success
- 30:51 Will Ten Blue Links Disappear?
- 31:56 The Evolution of Search Results: Blue Links and Beyond
- 35:22 How Search Engines Identify Related Entities and Queries to Satisfy Users
- 36:47 The Impact of Action Words and Context on Related Entities in Search Results
- 37:46 What is the Perfect Click?
- 40:05 The Power of Brand SERPs: The Search for the Perfect Click and SERP Dominance
- 44:09 What is the Role of Structured Data in Search Engine Training
- 48:21 What is the Google Dance?
- 51:20 Is AI an Eternal Hockey Stick of Change and Improvement?
- 55:16 The Evolution of Lag Time in LLM Technology and Bing’s Advantages
- 56:54 How Important are Personal Branding and SEO in a World of Name Ambiguity?
- 59:20 The Coexistence of Technology and Human Expertise in Content Judgment
- 01:01:33 Kalicube’s Free Downloadable Guides
- 01:01:50 Google’s Killer Whale 2023 E-E-A-T Knowledge Graph Update
Generative AI has revolutionized search in 2023, starting with Bing Chat and ChatGPT and followed by Google’s Search Generative Experience Beta. SEOs who want to thrive in this new era need to adapt their strategies away from the old blue link paradigm and towards the new conversational and creative possibilities. Join Fabrice Canel, Principal Product Manager at Bing, as he reveals how Bing creates Chat results, how they use AI in their ranking algorithms and what SEOs should focus on for 2024. Learn from his insights into both Bing and Google, since they share many similarities, and ask him your burning questions live with Jason Barnard, who knows how to get the best answers out of Mr BingBot.
Don’t miss this unique chance to learn what is coming in AI, what you need to do to thrive & survive, and (of course) ask your burning questions directly to ‘Mr BingBot’. Register now and take a giant leap forward in your SEO journey!
Join Fabrice Canel and Jason Barnard for this week’s episode of Kalicube Friday the 13th!
Scheduled for 13 October 2023 at 17 H CET (Paris)
The event is 100% free:
Organised by Kalicube.